Doctors Accepting New Patients in Fort Worth TX, San Antonio TX, and Addison TX
If you are in search of a compassionate and kind doctors, then North Tex MedCare Clinic and Urgent Care is the right place. Our professionals are ready to give you comprehensive care. Call us today for more information or visit us online to book an appointment. We have convenient locations to serve you in Fort Worth TX, San Antonio TX, and Addison TX.
Table of Content:
How do I find a family doctor who accepts new patients?
What questions should a new patient ask the doctor?
Can a doctor choose their patients?
Is North Tex MedCare Clinic and Urgent Care accepting new patients?
Finding a good doctor is one of the most important decisions you can make in taking care of your own health. A family or primary care doctor will be there for you with whatever medical concern you have and can provide you with resources for preventing illness and injury in the future.
If you are wondering how to find a family doctor in your area who is accepting new patients, there are a few ways to go about that search. One way to find a family doctor who is accepting new patients is through your state Medicaid or Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP). When you contact either of those organizations, they can direct you to resources for finding family doctors currently accepting new patients in your area.
Another resource is your friends, family members, colleagues, or other healthcare professionals! Ask them if they have any recommendations, if their family doctors are accepting new patients, if they have had a good experience with their family doctor, or if they have heard of any highly recommended family doctors accepting new patients. Read reviews of the doctors recommended to you to make sure they will be a good fit before booking appointments to meet with them.
If you live in or nearby Texas, and are looking for a new family doctor, we welcome you to get in touch with us at North Tex MedCare Clinic and Urgent Care to find out if our family doctor, Dr. Frank Lee M.D. is accepting new patients!
Meeting with a doctor for the first time can be somewhat intimidating. As such, it helps to be prepared with questions to ask so you can make the most out of your initial consultation. With that in mind, some helpful questions to consider include:
• How do you approach the physician-patient partnership?
• How does your clinic handle emergency situations?
• Can I call or email you with non-emergency questions outside of regular hours? If so, when can I expect to hear back from you?
• After calling to make an appointment, how long should I expect to wait before the appointment date?
• Who will I see if you are unavailable to see me for my appointment?
• What are your areas of specialty, education, and expertise?
• How many years have you been practicing?
• What are your hours?
• What insurances do you accept?
According to the American Medical Association (AMA) Code of Medical Ethics, a physician does have the right to choose their patients. However, there are limited situations in which that choice applies. For instance, physicians do not have the right to choose or discriminate their patients based on considerations of race, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, or other aspects of a patient’s personal life that are irrelevant to providing them medical care. With that being said, physicians have the right to decline the establishment of a physician-patient relationship with a prospective patient in the following circumstances:
• The patient’s medical needs go beyond the scope of the physician’s training, ability, or education
• The physician does not have adequate resources to provide the medical care that the patient requires
• Providing medical care to the patient could significantly compromise the physician’s ability to provide medical care to existing patients
• The patient is abusive or threatens the physician, clinical staff, or other patients
If you are curious about North Tex MedCare Clinic and Urgent Care accepting new patients, we welcome you to call us!
We would be happy to start a physician-patient partnership with you at North Tex MedCare Clinic and Urgent Care! For more information about our practice or an appointment with us, please feel free to call us or schedule an appointment through our website. We serve patients from Fort Worth TX, San Antonio TX, Addison TX, Terrell Hills TX, Carrollton TX, Richardson TX, China Grove TX, Farmers Branch TX, Hebron TX, Forest Hill TX, North Richland Hills TX, Leon Valley TX, White Settlement TX, and Highland Park TX.